Limited to a run of 100 Copies this first printing of Rosebyrne Manor gives you everything you need to play the game and familiarise yourself with the mechanics of the game and introduces you to the story driven narrative campaign that drives the mystery surrounding Lord Kallidus and his Manor.
The Box includes:
The Physical box contains: 400 Cards and 13 Dice.
- 216 Hero Cards - 40 Source Power Cards, 34 Martial Character Cards, 34 Arcane Character Cards, 34 Holy Character Cards, 34 Scoundrel Character Cards.
- 64 Lord Kallidus Cards - 30 Power Deck Cards, 34 Upgrade Cards
- 90 Generic Rosebyrne System Cards - 30 Map Deck Cards, 30 Treasure Deck Cards, 30 Mercantile Deck Cards.
- 26 Story Cards - 12 Special Item Story Cards, 11 Encounter Cards, 3 Large Rose Token Cards.
- 4 Player Aid Cards
- 12 Custom Dice - 3 Basic Green Dice, 2 Red Action Dice, 2 Blue Action Dice, 2 White Action Dice, 2 Black Action Dice, 1 Grey Action Dice
- 1 D12
- 1 Scroll of Providence - An individually numbered scroll signed by the Designer and writer of Rosebyrne Manor.
You will Also gain access to the library of interactive Downloadable PDF Books Including:
- Rosebyrne Game Books (Over 200 Pages) - Book 1 – Rulebook, Book 2 – Bestiary, Book 3 - Hero Book
- Rosebyrne Story Books (Over 300 Pages) - Book 1 - Quest Book, Book 2 - Story Journal. Book 3 - The Town of Rosebyrne, Book 4 - Exploring the Manor
- 5 Hero Character Sheets - 4 Pre-Made Character Sheets, 1 Blank Generic Character Sheet
- Game Reference Sheets
In Rosebyrne Manor the players play iconic fantasy hero characters such as the Warrior, Cleric or Mage or Ranger.
These heroes form an adventuring party that investigates the happenings at the Manor, the dungeon underneath, and the area around the town of Rosebyrne, embarking on various quests from treasure hunting to finding lost town residents and undertaking those quests often lead them to the dark depths under the manor and what lurks below.
“For almost a century, the mansion of Lord Kallidus has lain empty and abandoned after he and his family mysteriously disappeared. Over the years, more and more adventurers have travelled to the town of Rosebyrne to take a stab at the nearby Manor’s hidden wealth and unknown possibilities.
The town is reaping the benefits from newfound interest in the remains of their former master’s house, but some say that darkness has crept back into the old home. A fell wind drives through the town at night and wicked things creep around its outskirts. Rumours swirl of lights shining from the manor house and worse…
The old Rosebyrne Manor is a gigantic mansion built off the northern edge of the town. Many of its rooms have lain undisturbed for a century. Others are under the influence or even inhabited by dark and sometimes disturbing forces.
No one has ever been able to properly map the labyrinthine halls of Rosebyrne Manor, as the portion above ground is merely the tip of an iceberg of granite chambers and cobwebbed passages.
Things dwell in the deep parts of the Manor, some lone horrors, and others as rag-tag bands of creatures, and all of these things are hungry for food, wealth, and power.”
The players will need to work together, using all their characters skills to survive their adventures in the old manor house, and the surrounding town of Rosebyrne, as they start off seeking the now famous wealth of the mansion, and end up uncovering a sinister plot to bring the power of the gods to the leader of a crazed cult of death worshipers.
The odd happenings in the manor and the strange powers that live within the rooms and corridors making each visit to the manor unique.
The maps used in the game are dynamically generated and filled with encounters, monsters, treasure, and NPC’s some that help the hero’s and some that hinder them.
The quests themselves have choice points where the players must make decisions as to what they will do at that point in the story, performing skill checks for some choices, such as opening locks on prisoner’s chains or solving puzzles for others.
These choices may have immediate results, and some with far reaching influence on the overall story of the game. These results of these choices are found in the Quest Journal that accompanies each quest, and sometimes lead to more choices that need to be taken and the results resolved before the heroes can move on with their quest.
Hero characters can be kept from game to game in a campaign system, earning experience and going up in levels to increase their skills and gain new abilities, using the equipment and items they find on their quests to help push deeper into the dungeon under the manor.
They can also shop in the town of Rosebyrne buying supplies and special equipment that is unlocked as the quests are completed, and townsfolk rescued.
So, sharpen your blades, strap on your armor, memorize your spells, pray to the God of Good Fortune, and refill your quivers, the Town of Rosebyrne needs you adventurer!